Pyramid Atlantic Art Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit contemporary arts center located in the heart of the Arts & Entertainment District in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. It was founded in 1981 by noted artist and teacher, Helen C. Frederick, to provide a setting for artistic collaboration and dialogue. Today, we continue to serve as a collaborative open studio and a hub for arts education and community engagement. A place where tradition and innovation intersect, our facilities feature a papermill, printshop, letterpress studio, screenprint studio and darkroom, and a bindery.
Our Mission: To build communities that give life to printmaking, papermaking, and the book arts. We believe that prints, handmade paper, and artist books are a source of inspiration; that experimentation leads to discovery; that collaboration leads to accessibility; that creativity is the cornerstone of the learning process.
Our Programs: Our mission is carried out through our 3 core program areas: Artist Development, Arts Education, and Community Engagement. We play a critical role in the art world by:
- hosting hundreds of artists-in-residence
- developing outreach programs for students and the community
- offering classes for artists of all levels
- producing and publishing prints and artist books
- curating exhibitions both locally and throughout the world
- providing professional development programs for teachers